Thursday, March 1, 2007

Are You Suffering from Post Slave Syndrome?

Visit the website of DR. JOY DEGRUY-LEARY! She has authored a book called ”Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome America’s Legacy of Enduring Injury and Healing“. I once read the works of Dr. Na’im Akbar who wrote about the psychological effects of slavery. Dr. Leary did a fantasic interview on the Michael Baisden Show. I am going to purchase her book and I would recommend that most African-Americans should purchase her book. Could the brothers and sisters have a new excuse when they want to call in sick at work or school? Tell the boss that I can’t make it today because I am suffering from Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome! On a more serious note, I can attest that we as a people still suffer from the vestiges of slavery and many of the problems in our community are remnants of the horrible institution of slavery!This is not meant to be an attack post at all, but it is a call for all races of people to practice racial sensitivity!

2 comments:

Tafari said...

Mind ya tone! LOL. I may call in tomorrow on this note.

Editor said...

That's funny!